Subsidiary: T&H Solutions
Job Title: Transport Network Engineer
Job Location: Pearl Harbor, HI
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The position will provide Operational Engineering support to the Mission Integrity Team (MIT), as a member of Transport OE. The primary role of Transport is to restore any network-impacting event affecting customer service. The team accomplishes this goal using a variety of resources, knowledge, and expertise to perform fault isolation, analysis, and troubleshooting across various Transport platforms including SONET Optical/Fiber Transport (ODXC/MSPP), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), and cryptographic systems.
- Manage GTMS ticket reporting, in accordance with Change Management procedures
- Use SOPs, TTPs, and WIs to complete Change tasks
- Assess if deployed changes have caused impacts to customer traffic using provided expectations of traffic behavior, lessons learned, and customer reporting
- Engage with other engineers to determine the best practice and operation of the network to maintain constant operation
- Determine the most efficient configuration of the network based on Engineering documents and experience
- Provide input to Government customer on best practice for the operation and maintenance of the network
- Engage customers to determine solution to reported problems to network outages and degradations experienced
- Coordinate with Ticket Queue Master to correct any issues that fall outside of those covered by the TTP documentation
- Use TTPs to complete final validation checks to set GTMS tickets to closed status
- Support Authorized Service Interruption (ASI) Activities Collect site and device data
- Determine scheduling of maintenance windows
- Coordinate dispatch of technicians and availability of site personnel
- Review Problem Management candidate tickets to accept or reject based on SOP
- Interact with Problem Coordinator and Government customer on proposed solution
- Perform Root Cause analysis to determine reason for continued outage(s)
- Engage vendor support to determine troubleshooting methodology to use in the resolution or determination of the root cause
- Ad-hoc engineering support, statistics/data gathering and reporting
- Dispatch/RMA Actions Correct/Replace Faulty Network Elements
- Interact with vendor Technical Assistance Center (TAC) personnel to gather needed data to create hardware replacement order
- Mission Support Services (MSS) Support / Sustainment / Compliance
- DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security within 90 days of start date
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Experience with some or all equipment platforms: CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, Cisco NCS2K, CISCO MSPP 15454/15310, SYCAMORE ODXC 16K/9K, XTERA, and other ancillary equipment.
- BS and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.