Non-Exempt | SCA
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Tractor Operator drives gasoline or diesel-powered tractor to move materials, draw implements, tow trailers, pull out objects embedded in ground, or pull cable of winch to raise, lower, or load heavy material or equipment.
- Fastens attachments such as graders, plows, rollers, mowers (over 2000 lbs.), backhoes, seeders, and disc harrows to tractor.
- Adjusts equipment for proper operation.
- Lubricates and makes minor repairs to tractor and attachments such as tightening bolts, and replacing washers, cotter pins, and screws.
- Operate a variety of commercial vehicles, such as 4 wheel-drive tractors, zero turn mowers, street sweeping equipment, backhoes, skid loaders, fork trucks, dump trucks, snow plowing equipment, etc.
- Tow equipment such as rotary mowers, grader bar, sprayers, fertilizer- spreaders, etc.
- Operates farm-type tractors and towed or attached equipment to maintain grounds and road medians.
- Frequently operates towed or attached equipment from the seat of the tractor through hydraulic or mechanical controls. Examples of equipment operated at this level are mowers, aerators, plows, harrows, chippers, sprayers, disks, post hole diggers, front-end loading devices, and movable dozer blades.
- Perform preventive maintenance on grounds maintenance equipment such as filter and fluid replacement, maintaining lubrication schedules, spark plug replacement, belt and mower deck adjustments, mower blade sharpening and balancing, and equipment cleaning.
- Operate various types of grounds maintenance equipment such as jack hammers, weed eaters, powered wheelbarrows, motorized man lifts, post-hole diggers, etc.
- Prune trees and shrubbery with hand tools, hedge trimmers and chainsaw.
- Couple equipment to the tractor and make required adjustments during operation.
- Complete daily equipment inspection sheets or manufacturers required maintenance schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years related experience and/or formal vocational/technical training. Each complete year of accredited college education in a related field may be substituted for the equivalent number of years of required experience.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to follow basic operating instructions.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with others
- Must have knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must maintain a valid state driver’s license with a minimum of one-year successful experience safely driving industrial or commercial tractors.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record check, and motor vehicle check. Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and must be able to lift 50 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Duties will require frequent periods of bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, and reaching above shoulder level, and kneeling. Occasionally require periods of crawling and climbing.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.). Outside work in winter, summer, rain, sleet, and snow and on uneven terrain – side hills and slopes.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.