Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Thermal Blanket Fabrication – Engineering Tech II
ETIS – NASA Goddard
Non-Exempt / CBA
Up to 10% of the time
$27.12 – $43.33
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly-owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Performs multiple routine and non-routine complex tasks, demonstrating full competency while following procedures and working independently under the minimal direction of lead Thermal Blanket personnel. Will primarily be assigned in the Thermal Blanket Fabrication facilities and in support of Thermal Blankets in the Bldg. 7/10/15/29 complex. Depending on assignment, assists senior technicians & Engineers in performing layout, fabrication, and installation of flight and test thermal blankets on flight and mockup experiments, instruments, and spacecraft or other duties associated within area of assignment as directed by lead personnel or supervision.
- Primary duties are to independently and with minimal direction of a lead technician perform multiple layouts, fabrication, and installation of flight and test thermal blankets on flight and mockup experiments, instruments, and spacecraft. This will include producing precision templates from drawings and flight hardware, laying out bulk MLI blankets per project requirements, cutting to size and shape, taping and sewing as required, providing vents, and installing filters, grounds, grommets, and other blanket details.
- Must be able to accurately measure using precision rules and tapes, and read, interpret, and follow written procedures and simple technical drawings and other routine tasks as directed by lead personnel or supervision. May also be requested to train entry-level technicians as directed and support fabrication.
- Must also know the proper handling of patterns, plastic films, netting, and woven materials of man-made fibers.
- May be cross-utilized and cross-trained to support other groups in order to develop an overlapping workforce.
- Works from ladders, scaffolding, catwalks, cranes, boatswain chairs, suspended platforms or cages, etc.
- Works while bending, standing, stooping, kneeling, or in a prone position for extended time periods.
- Works in closely confined spaces.
- Lifts and carries items up to 35 pounds, sometimes up and down stairways, where lifting devices and hoists are not available.
- Ability to use hearing and vision protection and respiratory equipment.
- Work indoors and out in high and low temperatures and in all types of weather conditions.
- Work in dusty, noisy, hot, high-humidity, dirty, and greasy environment.
- Work in areas where there may be materials that are irritating to eyes, nose, throat, and skin while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Work with other personnel in a group that is Team Oriented.
- Work in clean rooms.
- Accept and work within established policies and procedures pertaining to company rules and regulations.
- Hand work including cutting with scissors or craft knives, measuring with rules or tape measures.
- Sewing machines
- Mobile Platforms, etc.
- Hand tools such as hammers, punches, long nose pliers, and small wrenches.
- Government vehicles.
- Desktop computers utilizing Microsoft Office suite software including Word and Excel.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision & to read & interpret schematics, work from sketches & drawings, is required.
- Knowledge of Eng. terms & ability to efficiently operate computers is required.
- 1-2 years of related or direct thermal blanket experience is required. Related experience in sewing, draping, templating, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and diligence to processes is required.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions from engineering or supervision.
- Ability to use own judgment and decisions to allow continuity of workflow.
- Must be self-motivated and a “Team Player” with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to organize time and assignments to properly prioritize efforts for maximum effectiveness.
- Must be capable of passing required physical examinations and successfully completing the following training: Electro-static discharge, hazard communication, confined space, clean room, personal protective equipment, IT security, and other required training or certifications as directed by ETIS management.
- Must be able to follow complex procedures, plans, techniques, designs, or layouts. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision from senior personnel in an efficient manner to resolve problems and maintain high-quality of fabrication and installation of flight and test thermal blankets.
- Ability to adapt to weekend and holiday support on short notice and extended hours as required.
- May need to travel.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check. Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company Paid Short Term Disability, Basic Life, and AD&D
- Employee Paid Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, and AD&D for Dependents
- Accrued Vacation and Sick Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.