Job Title: Telecom Technician III
Job Location: Fallon, NV
Schedule: Full Time
Job Classification: Non-Exempt – Union
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. As a Native Alaskan, Tribally- Owned business, THTBC has a competitive edge unique in the US Federal Government contracting space, including access to US Government directed sole source contracts. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Responsible for the operation, maintenance and installation of telecommunication and related communications systems supporting range operations. Accomplishes assigned tasks independently in accordance with overall project objectives and requirements. Performs operation, maintenance, and installation, of open-wire, fiber optic, carrier cable, microwave communication, tactical radio, weapons scoring and range instrumentation systems. Examines work orders and wiring diagram to determine installation or repair procedures. Inspects connections, fittings, and installed wire and cable sections for conformance to specifications.
- Installs, tests, and repairs communications equipment, such as intercom systems, wired alarms, switchboards, telegraphs, and telephones using schematic diagrams, testing devices, and hand tools
- Tests newly installed equipment and repairs or replaces faulty equipment, utilizing complex test equipment
- Assist Engineers, Field Engineer, and sub-contractor with installation of equipment as directed by CIS Manager
- Maintains equipment and analyzes operational malfunctioning with testing devices, such as oscilloscopes, generators, meters, and electric bridges, to locate and diagnose nature of defect and necessary repairs
- Examines mechanism and disassembles components to replace, clean, adjust or repair parts, wires, switches, relays, circuits, or signaling units.
- May repair cable; lay out plans for new equipment and estimate materials required
- Assists with installation of LAN/WAN equipment, wiring, and topography including such items as switches and routers.
- Assists Government with CMS duties as required
- Documents maintenance actions in IEMS.
- Directs activities of lower level technicians.
- Assigned central point-of-contact for outside entities to coordinate special projects.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled GFE, TMDE, Tool, MSDS, Classified and Un-Classified material inventories
- Five years’ experience in Telecommunications and Range Scoring systems installation and maintenance
- Five years’ experience in the following disciplines/equipment
- Voice and data communications systems
- Administration and configuration of communication network systems
- Digital communications networks
- Multiplexer equipment
- VHF/UHF tactical radios
- Microwave data links
- Remote Link Monitoring systems
- Antennas and feed line systems
- Fiber-optic equipment
- Networking, routers, switches, repeaters and DSUs
- Video to digital converters
- Power systems
- Auto-transfer (UPS) equipment
- DC power supplies
- Low voltage AC equipment
- Primary and secondary power equipment
- Weapons Scoring Systems
- Electro-Optical equipment
- IR sensors
- Video signal processing and recording
- Video surveillance systems
- Telephone/Network Switches
- High School Diploma required
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Tower climbing training.
- Possess a valid state Driver’s License.
- Complete various DoD and corporate reoccurring training requirements, to include Information Assurance Training, CPR, and First Aid.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Active Security Clearance
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.