Subsidiary: T&H Solutions
Job Title: System Administrator – Master – Secret
Job Location: Arlington, VA
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Seeking an AIX/UNIX Professional to join and expand our distinguished Systems Administrator (SA) team to operate and maintain a financial system utilized throughout all of the USAF. The qualified candidate will provide information technology support for the Automated Budget Interactive Data Environment System (ABIDES) including installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting support running the AIX operating system version 7.1 on IBM BladeCenter JS21 physical file servers and Linux Operating System, version 7x. ABIDES also utilizes Ingres Enterprise Relational Database Management System, version 11.0.
- Work with vendors for maintenance support of hardware and software
- Ensure that all computer and storage resources are configured and maintained to the system baseline and troubleshooting and restoration activities in the event of resource failures
- Ability to be on-call and carry on-call cellphone during non-working hours
- Ability to work off-hour shifts and weekend shifts as needed to support ongoing operations
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. ABIDES is expected to be upgraded to a new financial application – Program & Budget Enterprise Services (PBES) by February 2022, at which time we will perform shutdown procedures for ABIDES.
- At least 6-8 years professional experience in Information Technology
- At least 3 years of UNIX systems administration experience
- At least 1 year system administration experience on AIX/Linux and IBM BladeCenter servers
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies and principles
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve server, storage, and network problems
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage work assignments with minimal supervision
- Experience working directly with end users and factory support to troubleshoot and resolve system issues
- Self-starter, proactive in determining goals and objectives and pursuing the necessary course of action
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 8570 Requirements: Certification = Security+, IAT-II
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.