Subsidiary: KIRA Aviation
Job Title: Switchboard Operator/Receptionist
Job Location: Beaufort, SC
Schedule: Full Time
Job Classification: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
This position greets visitors, determining nature of visits and directing visitors to appropriate persons. Duties may include, but are not limited to, relaying incoming, outgoing, and intra-system calls through a private branch exchange (PBX) system; recording and transmitting messages; keeping records of calls placed; providing information to callers and visitors; hearing and resolving complaints; making appointments; handling incoming and outgoing mail; controlling access to the facility; keeping a log of visitors; and issuing visitor passes. In this position, one may also type and perform other routine clerical work, such as entering data and processing documents, which may occupy the major portion of the worker's time.”
- Provides safekeeping of facilities and equipment and the safeguarding of sensitive information. Controls building access and performs physical security checks.
- May issue visitor's pass when required.
- May type memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Restricts access to facilities to authorized personnel
- Maintains current access roster
- Maintains log of all personnel entering or leaving the facilities
- Must be capable of comprehending and implementing instructions concerning the operation of mechanical equipment such as generators, air conditioners, fire protection equipment, and other emergency equipment
- Will be required to perform all security duties assigned under limited supervision utilizing instructions developed for guidance and direction.
- Issues badges to cleared contractor employees, Government employees, and to visitors who have a valid Visit Authorization Request (VAR) on file
- Must be able to access the Defense Information System for Security (or program of record) to check available security clearance data
- Must be able to contact designated station units/personnel in case of alarm or emergency following proper procedures
- May collect and distribute mail, packages and messages.
- High School Diploma and 1-2 years’ experience in a receptionist or secretary role.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Must maintain current CPR/First Aid certification.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.