Subsidiary: KIRA Government Services
Job Title: Support Services Mechanic (Temporary)
Job Location: Kennedy Space Center, FL
Labor Category: Non-Exempt | CBA-IAM
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Support Service Mechanic independently performs all operation and maintenance activities required to ensure the upkeep of all facilities, structures and related systems assigned to BOSS. Maintenance includes, but is not limited to, installations, modification, assembly, repair, replacement, adjustment, calibration, construction, test and operations. Structures and equipment including mechanical, electro-mechanical, hydraulics, walls, floors, ceiling, doors, windows, masonry and all architectural items generally associated with structures, facilities and industrial type buildings. Systems include, but are not limited to, bridge and overhead cranes, horizontal and vertical doors, cafeteria equipment and vent systems, exhaust fans, sump pumps, gas pumps, etc. Perform any work assigned to the employees in the classification. Perform work in other classifications when incidental but necessary to accomplish work assignment.
- Work from written or verbal instructions, blueprints, diagrams, schematics, vendor manuals and applicable specifications and codes.
- Use precision instruments to measure tolerances and system operating levels.
- Take, read, and make adjustments on operating systems.
- Replace light bulbs and other minor parts and expendables.
- Conduct functional and operational tests on repaired or rebuilt equipment, components or systems.
- Insulate with prefabricated mineral, insulating material, bindings, plastic cement, etc. as required.
- Remove insulating asbestos/non-asbestos material, as required.
- May give guidance and direction to lower classified employees, as required.
- May operate gas welding equipment to perform cutting, burning and soldering, as necessary, to accomplish work assignments.
- Maintain logs, charts and records, as required.
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to operate and service various rotating equipment
- Work with computers
- Ability to work independently but follow specific detailed instructions
- Ability to interface with various levels of personnel in a multi-cultural, team- oriented environment
- Maintain certifications, licenses, permits, etc., required for performance of assigned tasks.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problem and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Perform or assist with any departmental operations, under direction, to maintain work flow.
- Maintain security clearance, area permit(s), licenses, certifications, etc. required for performance of assigned tasks.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s license.
- Performs other related and/or associated duties as required.
- This classification may include managing hazardous materials or other environmental responsibilities.
- Performs duties in compliance with Federal, State, local, NASA and Air Force laws and regulations and requirements and KSC/CCAFS energy management conservation regulations, collective bargaining agreements, security, safety, hurricane and other specialized programs or contractual requirements relating to the business of the section, working within the limits of established policy.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements and company policy
- High school diploma or equivalent and
- A recognized apprenticeship training program plus 2 years of experience OR
- Military or Civilian vocational training plus 2 years of experience OR
- 5 years of direct work-related skills, knowledge, and experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain job related Licenses, Certifications etc. required by Federal, State, local, NASA and Air Force standards, rules and regulations
- Able to interact with customers and coworkers in a courteous, professional, and effective manner.
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Must have working knowledge of computers and work-related computer programs associated with the position
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job including:
- Lift, push, pull, and carry heavy objects exceeding 30 pounds
- Walk, stand, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl and bend/twist body for extended periods of time
- Work at heights
- Walk up/downstairs frequently
- Climb ladders and scaffolding
- Use hands to handle, control, feel objects, tools and make adjustments to equipment controls
- Frequently perform repetitive movements
- Ability to correctly perform with corrective devices, tasks that require close visual acuity, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus
- Wear job/task related/required PPE: i.e. safety shoes, hearing / eye protection, hard hat, respirators, gloves, fall protection etc.
- Tolerate in and outdoor extreme cold, heat and humid conditions for extended periods of time
- May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail.
- May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles and electrical shock hazards.
- May be required to work a flexible work schedule and on alternating workdays to meet mission and customer requirements.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.