Job Title: Sr. IT Support Technician
Job Location: Fairfax, VA
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Occasional, up to 15%
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. As a Native Alaskan, Tribally- Owned business, THTBC has a competitive edge unique in the US Federal Government contracting space, including access to US Government directed sole source contracts. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Scope of Work:
The Senior IT Support Technician performs duties at the Tier 1 and Tier 2 Service Desk levels with some exposure to Tier 3 support tasks. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity. Provides support to end users for computer, application, system, device, access, and hardware issues. The Technician also documents, monitors, and works problems to resolution using logical problem solving, previous experience, technical abilities, applicable systems, and tools. Responds to telephone, email, and online requests for technical support and coordinates with fellow team members and other departments to quickly resolve issues. Assists with monitoring, configuring, and continual improvement of mission critical information system resources.
- Provide end user technical support; properly troubleshoot, diagnose, test, and resolve hardware and software issues
- Configure and install end user computers, printers, and other peripherals
- Assist with monthly server maintenance tasks, installing critical updates and patches
- Monitor information systems capacity and availably
- Enforce corporate cyber security controls, directives, and policies
- Perform initial troubleshooting and triage of connectivity related issues prior to escalation
- Effectively research and evaluate potential solutions for atypical issues
- Assist end users with installation of approved applications and equipment
- Configure the operating system and end user applications settings for proper functionality and security
- Provide troubleshooting and support for smartphone and mobile device issues
- Participate in the design, documentation, testing, evaluation, implementation, and training of new systems or applications
- Assist with development and creation of required end user training guides and pamphlets
- Deliver desk-side training and support to users in person or through remote technology tools
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred)
- 3-5 years of relevant and progressive experience working in an IT technical support role
- Experienced working with both Windows Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- Skilled in supporting Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 / Office applications
- Comfortable working with a Customer Support Request (ticket) management system
- Strong understanding of layer 2 and layer 3 network communications (DNS, DHCP, NAT, VPN, etc) and the steps needed to properly troubleshoot network related issues
- Good working knowledge of how to properly incorporate scripting (VBA, Powershell) into support tasks
- Prior use of remote administration / desktop support tools to securely manage remote systems
- Familiar with NIST 800-171 guidelines for Protecting Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; must be able to write and communicate effectively in English
- Customer service oriented, able to maintain composure and professional demeanor
- Works equally well independently on defined tasks or as part of a diverse team
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy
- Able to travel occasionally to support client sites or to support new project phase-ins
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.