Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Motor Vehicle Mechanic
Job Location: Rock Island, IL
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
- The Motor Vehicle Mechanic repairs, rebuilds, or overhauls major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles, buses, trucks or tractors. Work involves most of the following: Diagnosing the source of trouble and determining the extent of repairs required; replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts; grinding and adjusting valves; rebuilding carburetors; overhauling transmissions; and repairing fuel injection, lighting, and ignition systems. In general, the work of the Motor Vehicle Mechanic requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Must have the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the requirements of the position.
- Must hold licensure/certifications as required by the position.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License as required by the position.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment screening to include Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Must be able to work alternate and extended shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer to include weekends and holidays.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.