Subsidiary: KIRA Aerospace
Job Title: Supervisor – Facility Engineering
Job Location: Greenbelt, MD
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Provides supervisory guidance and oversight of tasks within the ETIS III contract at Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) relating to Facility Engineering at GSFC Greenbelt. Reports directly to the ETIS III Institutional Systems Manager.
- Lead and direct team of engineers and technicians to meet contract and customer requirements in the areas of responsibility. Facility Engineering is primarily engaged in planning, design, analysis, oversight, and/or execution of projects related to facility (non-flight) systems in GSFC’s Integration and Test Complex. This may include (but is not limited to) facilities used for flight hardware testing such as thermal vacuum chambers, vibration and acoustic testing facilities, support systems such as cryogenic liquid/gas storage and distribution, HVAC, overhead cranes, and electrical distribution.
- Responsible for developing, tracking, and maintaining budgets and work directives (WD).
- Work within the confines of task order and contract, supporting the monitoring of labor, materials and ODC such as travel and training using web based tools.
- Approval of time records and requests for time off, PPE, training, etc.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate the activities of personnel engaged in specific technical function(s).
- Establish and maintain schedules for group(s) to be consistent with budgetary and time constraints with emphasis on safety of operations.
- Assist in developing Strategic and Tactical plan and updating biannually.
- Develop training plan and assure personnel are current on required certification to engage in a specific technical function.
- Address NASA customer concerns in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Perform duties as required and allowed by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and ETIS III policies, such as annual performance reviews for employees.
- Perform periodic program requirement reviews to support continuous improvement.
- Train and/or mentor staff as necessary to develop and maintain high performance standards and capabilities. Assist employees with problem resolution; counsel and commend employees, or reprimand as appropriate; conduct performance evaluation interviews; seek interpretation of company and/or NASA policies, as required.
- Adjust staffing levels as required to meet program and project objectives.
- Communicate, inform, and interact with other Contractor and Government personnel including Systems Managers, Facilities Managers, Building Managers, Engineers, Safety and Environmental Management Office Personnel, System and Research Engineers and others.
- Provide consulting services to user organizations design, fabrication, installation, and testing.
- Interface and organize with other NASA divisions on more complex projects
- Ensure responsible departments comply with all applicable regulations and policies, such as environmental, OSHA, NASA, and GSFC regulations.
- Develop innovative approaches to non-routine, nonrecurring work requests, based on acquired expertise and knowledge or organization philosophy and personnel capabilities.
- Perform any other related duties as may be required to meet objectives of the group, provide training; maintain appropriate records.
- May be utilized for projects within other ETIS III or Kira departments on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, plus years’ experience commensurate with skill level required for position complexity as determined by management.
- Significant experience in the management and/or supervision of an engineering program, or series of engineering projects.
- Demonstrated excellence in the performance, development, and/or execution of:
- Solutions to technical and operational problems unique to facilities engineering work, including mechanical, electrical, and electromechanical systems.
- Task/project budgets and estimates
- Strategic long-term program vision/direction
- Team-building and leadership
- Positive customer relationship-building
- Periodic program reports and/or presentations
- Objective and subjective analysis related to program activities for the purpose of program improvement or reporting
- Contract management with outside vendors
- Ability to use own judgment and analysis to make programmatic decisions, sometimes with limited and/or conflicting information.
- Must be self-motivated and a “Team Player” with excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Must be able to organize time, assignments, delegations, and properly prioritize efforts for maximum effectiveness.
- Must be capable of passing required physical examinations and successfully completing assigned training or other training or certifications as directed by ETIS III procedures and management.
- Experience working with procurement personnel to develop/execute subcontracts and requirements.
- Ability to adapt to weekend and holiday support on short notice and extended hours as required.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.