Job Title: Mission Coordinator
Job Location: Fallon, NV
Schedule: Full Time
Job Classification: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Mission Coordinator – The Mission Coordinator has been delegated the direct authority of the Contract Site Manager for the accomplishment of Fallon Tactical Training Range (FTTR) Tactical Combat Training System (TCTS)/Electronic Warfare (EW) supported missions/operations and is the final authority for configuration changes/deviations from planned support, resolving conflicts, and deciding priorities in the absence of the Operations Director.
The Mission Coordinator is the single point of contact providing the interface between the Fallon Site Manager/Operations Director, and the War Fighter customer during missions in progress and during the absence of the government Operations Director. The Mission Coordinator is responsible for the generation and dissemination of the TCTS Mission Participants Lineup Form (with Communications Plan attached). The Mission Coordinator also conducts Pre-op/post-op briefings when required. The Mission Coordinator may support many operations at various stages concurrently. Mission Coordinators provide decision-making authority for local requirements.
- Supports planning and coordination for agencies participating in or supporting training operations
- The Mission Coordinator ensures that each objective of every TCTS scheduled mission is achieved to the satisfaction of customers including military aviators, other military units, squadron commanders, and stakeholders of Inter Deployment Training Cycle.
- Primary responsibilities are to coordinate range resources, monitor mission progress, reconstruct debriefs, and document range utilization.
- Coordinate all actions with the government Operations Director and/or designated military personnel in support of fleet readiness and Testing and Evaluation (T & E). Mission coordination/liaison functions include, but are not limited to, aircrew liaison, mission data preparation and dissemination, ensuring mission support personnel and systems are ready to support the daily range schedule (DRS), monitoring and resolving problems that may occur to minimize impact to training, managing debrief assets to ensure expeditious aircrew debriefings, and responding to other aircrew requests for support.Maintain daily contact with various military, government civilian personnel, and contractors for the purpose of identifying mission requirements, disseminating critical range information, resolving scheduling conflicts, prioritizing user requests, solving daily user problems associated with scheduling changes, and resolving detailed issues regarding Special Use Airspace boundaries and altitudes.
- Coordinate with the Operations Director, Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) and visiting squadrons, to identify TCTS/EW systems Rules of Engagement (ROE).
- Coordinate and identify all requirements necessary to support scheduled TCTS/EW missions such as, scheduling down time for system sites, radiate times, schedule lunch breaks for range personnel, directing efforts of operations/maintenance times of systems, radio frequencies on the FTTR and provide liaison for testing and training events.
- Ensure that all planning and coordination have been completed with each unit requesting range resources.
- Conduct mission check-ins of participating aircraft and verify mission essential information to ensure accurate live representation and reconstruction of training event. Acknowledge and process all applicable mission check-in/check-out calls and/or airborne communications when government/military personnel are not present.
- Coordinate with contract watch station personnel during missions.
- Assist with communications and coordination in the event of an aircraft or other emergency.
- Coordinate the collection and dissemination of discrepancy/malfunction reports and submit them to the Joint Control Facility (JCF) Operations Manager and NSWC for review and appropriate follow-up action.
- Perform pre-exercise/mission liaison with Navy Air Traffic Control Agency, the Range Operations Department, and other agencies IAW NAVSTKAIRWARCENINST 3752.1 (series).
- Perform system checks on all radio equipment prior to the first scheduled mission of the day.
- Provide real-time coordination for Long Range Strikes originating from Sea Based Aircraft Carriers.
- Schedule and coordinate the use of debriefing facilities.
- Provide debrief data to the Naval Aviation Warfighting Development Center (NAWDC) overall instructor or squadron representative, and solicit input for debrief/replay to squadrons and support agencies.
- Provide the EW Operator with the specific requirements of the scheduled mission. Following each event, prepare the Scheduled Debrief room consoles for returning aircrews and instructors.
- Ensure closure of every training mission by archiving data, supporting debriefs, delivering reports and securing mission equipment.
- Coordinate with appropriate maintenance technicians to affect repair of TCTS Instrumentation Systems, consoles, radios, video recorders and other equipment.
- Interact with Desert Control on all TCTS supported missions concerning airspace restrictions, spill-outs, spill-ins, and Visual Flight Rules (VFR) traffic to ensure that aircrews in the Joint Control Facility (JCF) and in the working areas are aware of possible conflicts with those aircraft, which is essential to safety of flight.
- Assist in mission planning/coordination with Top Gun, NAWDC, E-2 Deployable Readiness Trainer (EDRT) and EP-3 Mission Avionic System Trainer (MAST).
- Verify and input radio frequencies using the Maintenance Application Terminals (MAT).
- Configure each Joint Display System (JDS) console to correct background map using UNIX commands.
- Provide technical guidance and training to fellow Mission Coordinators and/or technicians as needed.
- Understand and observe all safety practices.
- Follow all applicable FTTR Plans, Range Operating Instructions (ROIs) and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain a positive workplace environment and promote increased customer satisfaction.
- Six years’ experience as Air Intercept Controller or Tactical Aircraft Aircrew member
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher from an accredited college or university. Experience may be used in lieu of education requirement.
- General knowledge of and ability to perform user functions of Windows based applications such as Windows Office Suite to include basic functionality of Microsoft (MS) Word and MS Excel Ability to work well in a team.
- General knowledge of UNIX and the ability to perform user functions to conduct mission back-ups and changing background maps
- Knowledge of file transfer protocol and the ability to use file transfer protocol programs.
- Military air combat tactics training
- Formal technical writing training
- Radio communications training
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements and company policy
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.