Wallops Island, VA
Non-Exempt / Union
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Material Clerk will provide support to NASA’s sounding rocket experiments
- Responsible to perform a variety of tasks associated with maintaining an accurate and adequate Property Control System for Government Furnished Property, Contractor Acquired Property, and IAGP for the NSROC III Program in accordance with requirements outlined in the Federal Acquisition Regulation Manual (FAR) and NASA FAR Supplement 1845.5.
- Coordinate and expedite flow of material, parts, and assemblies in accordance with production and shipping schedules or mission related deadlines
- Responsible for maintaining stock records, ordering, and stocking of received supplies and maintaining inventory and status records of electronic equipment
- Responsible for the Sounding Rocket “controlled stockroom” and “equipment storeroom” located in Buildings F–10, F–9, and F‐29
- Perform material preparation activities including use of metal cutting saws
- Use Costpoint materials module and work management module for items received, kit pulls, and supply requests and issuance
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
- 2 years of experience in receiving, documenting, storing, and moving materials in support of a warehouse or materials stockroom or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with the use of computerized database for inventory and work management control is recommended.
- High School Diploma or GED credential
- Must possess familiarity with electronic / hardware terms to enable recognition of the components, their care and storage, and the filing and issuing of these components
- Good knowledge of Government, company, and NSROC III property control system requirements
- Good knowledge of computerized recordkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Windows
- Training and Certifications in the following may be required:
- Costpoint training
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Control per GPR 8730.6A
- Forklift Operator Certification per GPR 8719.1B
- General Safety Awareness, IT Security, Environmental Compliance, and Personnel Safety and Health
- Hazardous Materials Handlers (see Safety and Health Plan)
- Ordnance / Pyrotechnics Awareness per GSFC/WFF 800‐PG‐8715.0.2C
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check. Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.