Subsidiary: T&H Services
Job Title: Master Electrician
Job Location: Charleston, SC
Labor Category: Non-Exempt | CBA-IUOE
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Licensed Master Electrician performs electrical installation, maintenance, and repair.
- Inspects, maintains, cleans, repairs, tests, and adjusts a variety of electrical equipment, circuitry, and fixtures.
- Performs maintenance and repair on electrical equipment including motors, switchgear, circuit breakers, electrical buzzer and bell circuits, lighting circuits, light fixtures, air movement fans, switches, heating and air-conditioning equipment and machinery, master clocks, rheostats, thermostats, and electrical drills, grinders, and other related electrical shop equipment.
- Installs, maintains and repairs electrical wiring systems, related switches, distribution panels and outlet boxes, as well as a wide variety of electrical fixtures.
- Must be able to use hand tools, power tools, and appliances needed for the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical circuits, related fixtures, and hardware.
- Measures, cuts, threads, bends, assembles, and installs conduits, inserts, splicing and connecting wires to fixtures, outlets, switches, receptacles, and power source.
- Tests circuits and equipment by use of voltmeter, ammeter, wattmeter, and ohmmeter; and Electrical circuits include voltage up to 600 volts, 3-phase current.
- Must have a valid Master Electrician license issued by any municipality in the State of South Carolina.
- Must be knowledgeable of the composition, operation, and installation of a variety of electrical systems, circuits, equipment, and controls and national and local electrical codes and be able to demonstrate knowledge of electrical principles and be able to follow maintenance instructions, schedules and inspection of work orders and other job assignments.
- When required, the incumbent must be able to perform maintenance services, diagnostic services on equipment malfunctions, and complete repairs when required.
- Must be able to plan, layout and complete the installation, modification and repair of various electrical systems, circuits, equipment, and controls.
- Must be able to interpret and apply building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, and engineering drawings.
- He/she must be skilled in the use of a wide variety of test equipment such as voltmeter, ammeter, wattmeter, and ohmmeter.
- Must be able to independently plan and perform difficult electrical work from blueprints with multiple views or other guides and be able to plan and perform work typical of the master electrician, according to accepted trade practices and codes, using work orders, building plans, or blueprints, installing, modifying and repairing new and existing electrical systems.
- Must be able to plan and perform complex installation and repair electrical work following work orders, sketches, or blueprints and be able to follow work orders or other instructions on their own in doing simple electrical tasks.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, climb and work in uncomfortable positions.
- Must be able to Lift, carry and set up tools, equipment and parts that weigh up to and occasionally over 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform work inside and outside.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.