Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Locksmith
Job Location: USAF Academy, CO
Labor Category: Non – Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Travel Requirement: N/A
Pay: $ 28.19
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide base operations support through the performance of installation, servicing, alteration, replacement, and repair of exterior and interior locking devices. Utilizing a high level of skill and a sound knowledge of assembly and construction operations the maintenance of locks, keys and security systems, duplicates keys, replacements, and re-keying of locks as necessary, and ensures that all security devices are in adequate working condition. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Perform cleaning and housekeeping required in performance of normal maintenance activities.
- Work from verbal or written instructions, sketches, diagrams, schematics, blueprints, vendor manuals and must comply with all state, municipal, or facility codes and specifications; Install, repair, rebuild, and services mechanical or electrical locking devices, using hand tools and special equipment, install lock cores for all newly constructed or renovated facilities.
- Respond to all lockouts of government owned real property.
- Disassemble locks, such as padlocks, and door locks, and repair or replace worn tumblers, springs, and other parts. Inserts new or repaired tumblers into lock to change combination.
- Re-key locks and systems when CE DRU/FAS indicates as required by force protection directives, or other mission related changes.
- Cut new or duplicate keys, using key cutting machine.
- Move lock pick in cylinder to open door locks without keys and provide locksmith services to maintain locks, panic hardware, and mechanical ciphers.
- Keep records of company locks and keys master key (grand master, base master, and building master) inventory. Ensure security of key blanks, card key systems, master keys, key codes and duplicates to avoid misuse or unauthorized access to government facilities.
- Monitor the master key system and controls over the keys.
- Must be available to work a rotating stand by schedule to support our contract needs in the event of an after-hour’s emergency.
- Research and recommend hardware necessary to meet requirements for specific and unique applications.
- Consult with Security Forces and Antiterrorism team to provide recommendations for maximum security in the least amount of time during an active shooter lockdown.
- Create and maintain building and base master system to prevent duplication of bitting.
- Develop a floor plan with facilities to ensure adequate access and lock out on rekeying of sections or entire buildings. Ensure that requested installations or removal of hardware meets life, safety and fire codes.
- Perform repairs and preventive maintenance to real property facilities and equipment.
- Ensure that either the facility manager or the security forces squadron confirms locked out person has authority to enter before unlocking any area.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Perform duties in lower related job classifications.
- Maintain accountability for all issued tools.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience as a locksmith and/or completed formal vocational/technical training.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid CO state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Hospital Indemnity Plan
• Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
• Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
• Accrued vacation and sick time
• 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.