LCV Engineering Technician IV (Operations)
Virginia Beach, VA
Non-Exempt l CBA
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
This technician performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project, selects and adapts plans, techniques, designs, or layouts, contacts personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work, reviews, analyzes, and integrates the technical work of others. Supervisor or professional engineer outlines objectives, requirements, and design approaches.
- Supports Large Area Tracking Range (LATR) maintenance responsibilities, in accordance with all applicable directives and plans, to meet all contract requirements.
- Draws on experience in U.S. Navy fleet operations to support staffs ashore and afloat conducting fleet exercises.
- Supports U.S. Navy/Marine Corps fleet operational training by applying system analysis and design skills in portable workstation interoperability, shipboard local area networking and computer systems imbedded tracking and display systems.
- Operate, maintain, and be able to troubleshoot the Large Area Tracking Range (LATR) system, Tactical Combat Training System (TCTS) and associated displays and computer applications used for aircraft and ship tracking displays and debriefs.
- Will be responsible for the installation, setup, monitoring, and debrief of various LATR operations.
- Will aid in the coordination of instrumentation and support for major multi-platform operations and exercises to include fixed and rotary wing, ship, and surface participants.
- Install and de-install LDTS at remote sites using a variety of communication paths to include SIPRNET, Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES) and other networking systems, coordinating and working with shipboard and staff information technicians (IT’s).
- Will transport, install and de-install Iridium Tracking Units (ITU) on ships, vehicles, and landing craft to bases and facilities onboard naval vessels as required.
- Shall coordinate between LATR, CVW and MEU and NSWC detachments, fleet operators and other work centers to provide LATR services.
- Provide technical support to the hosting naval entity consisting of collecting and preparing exercise participant information from multiple sources including: LATR, TACTS, Galaxy GPS, MIDAS, OTCIX, Link 11/16, and track data logs for presentation and further analysis.
- Collect and combine all data collected into single source debrief product SIMDIS ASI replays, and provide the debrief product to agencies as designated by COMLANTFLT, CSG4, C2F or hosting carrier strike group organization.
- Shall support other exercises as approved by NSWC.
- Work may be reviewed by Quality Assurance for compliance with accepted practices.
- Trains and provides technical guidance to lower-level technicians.
- Documents maintenance actions in IEMS.
- Provides recommendations to improve or expand all facets of operations to include maintenance, engineering, and logistics support.
- Ensures economy of operation by improvement of work methods and procedures
- Operates and Maintains Tactical Combat Training System (TCTS) computer and peripheral equipment.
- Operates and Maintains Large Area Tracking Range (LATR) computers and peripheral equipment.
- Will be operationally qualified as designated tech level within one year of hiring or promotion.
Other duties include:
- Document Maintenance actions in IEMS
- Alternate LATR System Administrator
- Cross-trained and qualified to operate at least two TCTS/LATR systems.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- May be required to maintain current COMSEC certification.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Formal classroom education equivalent to Navy “C” School or vocational school with formal training in the field of computers, electronics, or training as an Operations Specialist
- Four years, electronic/computer systems maintenance in the following areas
- Ten years’ experience in naval operations with emphasis on Carrier Strike Group Operations preferred.
- System and Network Information Assurance (IA)
- Familiarity with networking concepts and practices
- Physically able to deploy onboard a naval ship and to remote sites for up to five weeks at a time one to two times a year
- Physically able to perform extended labor to include heavy lifting and carrying of PIPs (67 pounds) and other LATR-associated equipment during ship/participant installation.
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s License.
- Physically able to perform extended physical labor to include heavy lifting and carrying of PIPs (67 Pounds) and other LATR-associated equipment during ship/participant installation.
- Must obtain or have a current CPR/First Aid certification (Within 6 months of hire).
- Must obtain or have a current Security + certification (Within six months of hire).
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.