LCV Engineering Technician V (Maintenance)
Virginia Beach, VA
Non-Exempt l CBA
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
This technician performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project, selects and adapts plans, techniques, designs, or layouts, contacts personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work, reviews, analyzes, and integrates the technical work of others. Supervisor or professional engineer outlines objectives, requirements, and design approaches.
- Applies comprehensive technical knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting manufactures’ manuals or similar documents.
- Applies advance technical knowledge to perform complex troubleshooting, isolating malfunctions, and incorporates engineering changes.
- Performs overhaul or complete rebuilds of assemblies, subassemblies, and end items, including the manufacturing of parts, modifications, testing, and reclamation.
- Assists Installs and maintains WAN/LAN networks, CISCO routers, bridges, CSU/DSU units, Switches and Hubs, TCP/IP network services.
- Assists communications technician in installation and maintenance of DRMS/TELEX equipment.
- Performs organizational, intermediate, and depot-level maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repair data communication equipment.
- Work may be reviewed by supervisor for compliance with accepted practices.
- Provides recommendations to improve or expand all facets of operations to include maintenance, engineering, and logistics support.
- Ensures economy of operation by improvement of work methods and procedures
- Operates and Maintains Tactical Combat Training System (TCTS) computer and peripheral equipment.
- Operates and Maintains Large Area Tracking Range (LATR) computers and peripheral equipment.
- Will be operationally qualified as designated tech level within 1 year of hiring or promotion.
Other duties include:
- Document Maintenance actions in IEMS
- Alternate LATR System Administrator
- Cross-trained and qualified to operate at least two TCTS/LATR systems.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Formal classroom education equivalent to NAVY “C” School or vocational school with formal training in the field of electronic equipment maintenance and equipment manufacturer training.
- Ten years, electronic/computer systems maintenance in the following areas
- Computer operating systems (including, UNIX, Linux, Windows 10 and Cisco IOS desired)
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook email applications.
- RF systems
- Communications (Multiplexer equipment, VHF, UHF microwave, fiber optics)
- Digital/Analog computer systems
- DC Power supplies
- Test equipment
- Auto-transfer (UPS) equipment
- Portable AC generators
- System and Network administrations
- LAN/WAN systems
- Router/Switch configuration/Programming
- May be required to maintain current COMSEC certification.
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s License.
- Must maintain current CPR/First Aid certification (Within 6 months of hire date)
- Must Maintain Current Security + certification
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.