Subsidiary: KIRA Information Solutions
Job Title: IOS Mobile Developer
Job Location: Remote Position working with Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, OH
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. As a Native Alaskan, Tribally- Owned business, THTBC has a competitive edge unique in the US Federal Government contracting space, including access to US Government directed sole source contracts. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
We are looking for a strong mobile app developer who welcomes both engineering and maintenance tasks. The primary focus will be to implement our current Windows-based client application across iOS platform phones and tablets.
You will be working with our candid and collaborative team, where your knowledge and advice about mobile application architecture and the newest mobile technologies will be highly appreciated. To minimize technical debt, the code you write will need to be cleanly organized, of the highest quality, and easy to maintain. You’ll also help ensure solid application performance and an excellent user experience.
You may also participate in the processes leading to new software releases as well as update for existing applications.
You may collaborate with KIRA’s Quality Assurance team to ensure all technical requirements are met and to confirm that applications match specification.
The government program office is Wright Patterson AFB, Dayton, Ohio. The development and support team are geographically dispersed and teleworking our daily working protocol. The program requires highly qualified, self-motivated, proactive persons who work well with others with limited supervision.
- Participate in Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMS) to gain an understanding of the customer’s requirements to be able to create an application design document.
- Discuss the client’s requirements with colleagues on how best to deliver the job
- Collaborate with the test team to ensure that testers can write full function test scripts
- Ensure your code meets performance requirements and provides the best user experience
- Test applications and provide support for each mobile application
- Fix bugs and performance problems in a timely manner
- Write clean, commented, readable, testable, and maintainable code
- Cooperate with back-end developers, designers, and the rest of the team to deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions
- Ensure continuous evaluation, discovery, implementation, and the awareness of new technologies to maximize the efficiency of development
- Conduct training and share expertise with other mobile app developers within an organization
- Ensure that every application undergoes testing for usability, robustness, and general reliability
- Recommend periodic changes and enhancements to mobile applications
- Contribute to the development of every project schedules and workflows
- Ensure constant interactions with other departments within an organization as regards new deployments
- Extensive knowledge about mobile app development. This includes the whole process, from the first line of code to implementing in production (publishing in the stores)
- Deep knowledge of iOS platforms
- Familiarity with Agile Development
- Proficiency with identifying the requirements needed in automated tests
- Familiarity with SOAP based Web services and mobile libraries for networking
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and mobile libraries for networking
- Familiarity with the XML, YAML, or JSON format
- Experience with profiling and debugging mobile applications
- Strong knowledge of architectural patterns—MVP, MVC, MVVM, and Clean Architecture—and the ability to choose the best solution for the app
- Familiarity with Git
- Familiarity with push notifications
- Understanding mobile app design guidelines on each platform and being aware of their differences
- Proficiency in .Net and C#
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to work under intense pressure
- Ability to keep current with the latest developments and trends with the technology
- Ability to interpret technical plans and implement such creditably
- Problem-solving skills are of greater importance
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken forms
- Ability to take initiatives without being prompted
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Good understanding of mobile app consumer behaviors
- Ability to comprehend and process data efficiently will be important
- High level of creativity will be required
- Core experience in User Experience (UE) and User Interface (UI) will be needed
- Interest in developing and maintaining a single code base for Windows and Mobile platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a related discipline and 3-5 years of cross domain mobile app development experience or 10 years of highly relevant experience
- Competence in iOS will be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of different programming languages such as C#, .Net
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.