Subsidiary: T&H Solutions
Job Title: I/A Security Specialist – Senior
Job Location: Arlington, VA
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
- Must be able to work in a constantly changing regulatory environment with short, mid, and long term timelines for remediating any non-compliance
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change
- Identify key stakeholders in A&A efforts and ensure system documentation reflects current system security configurations to include hardware and software components, data flow, interconnections, and ports, protocols, and services, etc.
- Maintain cybersecurity procedures and processes as assigned
- Able to analyze, interpret, and apply Federal cybersecurity guidance to customer needs
- Communicate the security posture of systems through designated reporting mechanism
- Assist in preparation and review documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports (RAR), and other Assessment & Authorization (A&A) artifacts
- Assist in the research and address information security issues as required, and develop and maintain the Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and support remediation activities
- Develop and advise development of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) artifacts and security documentation to include, but not limited to System Security Plans (SSP), Plan of Action and Milestone (POAM), Contingency Plan, Incident Response Plan, Configuration Management Plan
- Assist with pre-assessment preparation
- Perform Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities to achieve Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Perform continuous monitoring of security controls to ensure that they are implemented correctly, operating as intended, and producing the desired outcome with respect to meeting the cybersecurity requirements for assigned IT systems.
- Advise system owners on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security of assigned IT systems.
- Strong verbal and written skills required providing management status reports and document system changes.
- Analyze problems and provide focused solutions to effectively communicate information to various audiences verbally and through written communications.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience and certifications
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Current DoD 8570 baseline certification for IAT II (one of the following: GSEC, Security+, SCNP and SSCP certifications)
- 3-5 years of Cyber Security experience
- 2 Years of IT experience (Networking/System Administration)
- Working knowledge of security system controls, policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures
- Familiarity with DoD STIG process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Executing the security assessment and authorization (or ATO) process with independent assessors
- Executing Continuous Monitoring and maintaining the security posture of IT systems day to day
- Past or current ISSM/ISSO experience
- DoD IS knowledge and experience
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently or as a member of a team.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: multi-tasking, critical thinking; and the ability to work quickly, efficiently and accurately in a dynamic and fluid environment
- Familiar with NIST publications, specifically RMF and NIST controls
- Experience developing A&A documentation from scratch and performing assessments; RMF step 1 through 4
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.