Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: HVAC Mechanic
Job Location: USAF Academy, CO
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide base operations support through the performance of a variety of HVAC/R Mechanic trade functions such as inspection, repair, maintenance and installation of commercial and industrial HVAC/R equipment and associated components.
- Handling refrigerant, working with natural/propane gas, basic pipe-fitting, soldering/brazing, chillers (scroll, screw, reciprocating and centrifugal), walk-ins, reach-ins, package and split-system A/C’s, ice-machines, air handlers, cooling towers, exhaust fans, make-up air (MUA) units, return fans, variable air volume (VAV’s), re-heat coils, ductwork, heat-pumps, furnaces, boilers (hot water and steam), converters – high temp hot water (HTHW), medium temp hot water (MTHW), domestic hot water (DMHW), unit heaters (electric, gas fired, and hydronic) pumps, motors, motor starters, variable frequency drives (VFD’s) motor control centers (MCC’s), electrical disconnects, air compressors, air driers, electronic/pneumatic controllers , etc.
- Work from verbal or written instructions, sketches, diagrams, schematics, blueprints, vendor manuals and must comply with all federal, Air Force, and county facility codes and specifications.
- Perform repairs and preventive maintenance to real property equipment, to include replacement.
- Properly fill out all necessary paperwork related to work performed. Perform cleaning and housekeeping required in performance of normal maintenance and repair activities.
- Maintain accountability for all tools issued.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy
- In general, the work of the HVAC Mechanic requires rounded training and experience acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of journeyman level experience and formal vocational/technical training to perform the duties of the position.
- Personnel maintaining, servicing, repairing, or disposing of refrigeration and air conditioning systems containing CFCs and HFCs refrigerants shall have proper certification by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a Universal Technician.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid CO state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.