Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Housing Referral Assistant
Job Location: Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island, IL
Labor Category: Non-Exempt | SCA
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Provides housing information to an organization’s employees moving to a new location.
- Contacts individuals or organizations such as landlords, real estate agents, mobile home dealers, trailer court managers and Chamber of Commerce by phone and correspondence to obtain listings of rental or sale properties, possible future prospects of housing, and to develop a working relationship with the housing referral service.
- Compiles listings of houses, apartments and mobile homes which may be rented and properties which may be purchased. Periodically, communicates with contacts to update listings.
- Ensures that property owners are in compliance with nondiscrimination policy.
- Counsels applicants with regard to special circumstances, e.g. medical or financial hardships, and availability of housing that will meet applicants’ needs.
- Maintains daily records of office activities (including number of applicants, number of applicants placed, and agents solicited or listed; schedules appointments for housing inspectors; prepares reports as required; and replies to complaints, investigations and letters of inquiry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy.
- Three (3) years experience in real estate office and/or military housing office.
- Real estate license preferred
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of government contracting environment and military housing regulations.
- Good telephone, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have strong skills in software programs like Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, etc. and Jamis
- Experience providing excellent customer service in supporting contract responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks in a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules under pressure of deadlines while maintaining acceptable performance standards.
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid Disability, Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time and PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran’s status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.