Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
General Maintenance Worker
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The General Maintenance Worker performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades such as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electrical work.
- Replacing electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors.
- Using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings.
- Repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, and toilets.
- Painting structures and equipment.
- Repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks.
- Replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles.
- Hanging doors and installing door locks.
- Replacing broken window panes.
- Performing general maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Operates aerial equipment to reach elevated levels to perform maintenance.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- One year of related experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Must have a basic knowledge of each craft trade which performs the individual functions for building operations, repairs, and preventive maintenance activities.
- Ability to work assigned schedule.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with others.
- Works with systems and equipment in hard to reach places requiring standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in tight and uncomfortable positions.
- Must have endurance to perform repetitive tasks over long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Hazardous Weapons Cleanup training to include lead, gun powder, and frangible ammo clean up and proper health safety and disposal.
- Must have a basic knowledge of custodial, recycling, and working with hazardous materials.
- Ability to complete work in a timely fashion and keep accurate track of the work.
- Must have knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record check, and motor vehicle check.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life, long term disability, and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.