Subsidiary: T&H Services
Job Title: Fitness Center Staff
Job Location: Blackstone, VA
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
T&H Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Fitness Center Staff is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the fitness center.
- Perform scheduled cleaning duties such as cleaning floors, washing walls, cleaning glass, wiping down gym equipment, and removing rubbish.
- Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Gathers and empties trash to include trashcans in the proximity of exterior main entrances.
- Services, supplies, and cleans restrooms, locker rooms and shower stalls.
- Washes, dries, and stocks towels.
- Cleans and polishes furniture and drinking fountain fixtures.
- Dusting of office furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mixes water and detergents in containers according to product specifications to prevent damage to floors, fixtures, or furniture.
- May have to drive a vehicle for travel across facility to other buildings.
- May have to move equipment and supplies either manually or by using a hand truck.
- Keeps lead and/or supervisor informed of any equipment damage or building maintenance issues.
- Responsible for customer services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Three (3) years of recent experience in custodial services or in the fitness center service field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background security investigation and drug screen to work in assigned areas.
- Microsoft Office Suite to include Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Basic custodial or fitness center knowledge.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with others.
- Timely completion of work and accurate tracking of work.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have ability to maintain assigned work hours
- Must have endurance to perform repetitive tasks over long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more on a regular basis.
T&H Services offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.