Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
KIRA Construction Management
Ferry and Harbor Tug Craftmaster
Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba – GTMO
Exempt – Expatriate
Must be able to obtain required clearance
Up to 25% of the time
*** THIS IS A FULL TIME / YEAR ROUND POSITION LOCATED IN GUANTANAMO BAY, CUBA ***
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
KIRA Construction Management is currently seeking a Ferry and Harbor Tug Craftmaster in direct support of the Port Operations Guantanamo Bay contract in Cuba.
- Primary responsibility is operating the base Ferry Point to Point transporting personnel, vehicles and cargo supporting Guantanamo Bay mission.
- Secondary responsibility is operating Single Screw Navy YTB towing, twisting, mooring, berthing, docking, streaming, shifting, assisting, pulling, and escorting vessels, barges, submarines, crafts, hulls, sleds, derricks, lighters, and objects of whatsoever nature including anything carried thereon.
- Towing may include origin and destination locations offshore.
- Transfers of pilots and Government Personnel by vessel.
- Tug emergency support services, including responses to weather conditions threatening
- vessels, piers, dry-docks, or shore facilities; shipboard fires; vessels aground; vessel equipment failures; downed aircraft; oil spills; missions of mercy; collisions; ammunition mishaps; and search-and-rescue operations and shipboard casualty.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- Due to the nature of the work, all new hires must successfully complete an evaluation period of 30 days to ensure safe operations of crafts are within expected performance requirements.
- Must either have either prior Navy Tugboat operating experience and have prior (NEC) 0161 qualifications or minimum of a USCG Master License on Near Coastal Waters for Motor vessels of 200 Gross Tons with towing endorsement.
- In addition to the NEC 0161 qualification and/or the USGC Masters License, Captains position requires at least 5 years documented experience operating harbor tugs or point-to-point ferry operations. This includes experience operating under conditions requiring precise navigation, station keeping, close quarter maneuvering, anchoring, and specialized testing operations.
- Shall be an experienced marine radio operator, understand international and inland rules-of-the-road and proficiently operate radar and other navigational aids.
- Must be familiar with administrative ship business and demonstrate overall charge of the vessel.
- This position requires skills such as walking, running, climbing, crawling, and jumping and other similar physical activities. The worker must be able to endure extreme climate conditions and be able to work in an outdoor setting.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing. Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice.
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification. Must be able to work alternate shift schedules/non-traditional hours when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must meet Base Entry requirements.
- Microsoft Office software experience (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license. Positions requires use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle. As such, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life, long term disability and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.