Subsidiary: KIRA Aerospace
Job Title: Equipment Custodian
Job Location: Wallops Island, VA
Labor Category: Non- Exempt – Union
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Equipment Custodian will provide support to NASA’s sounding rocket experiments.
- Issue, receive, tag, and maintain equipment entering all transactions in the property management equipment inventory database
- Participate in yearly wall‐to‐wall property inventorying requirements. Participate in scheduled and unscheduled Government, corporate, ISO‐9001, and NSROC III Property System audits
- Responsible for calibration recall of all equipment. Keep accurate files relating to that activity
- Initiate calibration task orders for work to be performed by calibrating agency.
- Call vendors for information and type shipping documentation for equipment to be returned to the manufacturer for evaluation / repair.
- Assist in development of equipment shipping documentation.
- Assist in the F‐10 stockroom and tool room, as needed, issuing and receiving materials, tooling and fixtures.
- Recording those transactions in the Costpoint, N‐Prop or TRAQ systems, as applicable
- Help with the coordination and control of test and measuring equipment utilized at off‐site locations
- Perform other duties as assigned. (i.e. provide back up in the absence of logisticians, assist with emergent property control issues)
- Receives daily work direction from the Property / Logistics Manager or designee
- 4 years of related experience receiving, documenting, storing, and moving materials in support of a warehouse or materials stockroom
- High School Diploma or GED credential
- Training or certification in the following may be required:
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Control per GPR 8730.6A
- TraQ and Costpoint Training
- NSROC Certification Tracking System (NCTS) Training
- SharePoint Training
- General Safety Awareness, IT Security, Environmental Compliance, and Personnel Safety and Health
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.