Subsidiary: KIRA Aviation Services
Job Title: Environmental and Energy Manager
Job Location: Naval Station Mayport, Jacksonville, FL
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide effective management of the Environmental Program in direct support of the NS Mayport project site.
- Review and maintain all environmental permits, files and documents. Understand all permit obligations and assure that systems are in place to meet all permit and regulatory requirements, assuring that all reporting is done on time and that all reports are accurate.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures and with all regulatory requirements and maintaining a positive relationship with the relevant state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Develop systems and compliance processes to assure environmental compliance with governmental regulations.
- Ensure all data, statistics and information required by management, government bodies and agencies are accurately and timely compiled and produced.
- Facilitate risk assessment at operating locations to identify critical ES&H hazards and aspects.
- Supports new projects to ensure regulatory compliance and timely approvals from governmental agencies.
- Perform various administrative tasks as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in environmental management operations providing the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the position.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and federal energy laws and policy (including energy and water reduction requirements and renewable energy requirements) that are applicable to operations similar to those of this contract.
- Knowledge of EPA, MSHA, OSHA, DOT and other related regulatory requirements.
- Familiarity with Environmental Management Systems (EMSs).
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental, safety, industrial hygiene, or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of management systems.
- Working knowledge of office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid Disability, Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time and PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran’s status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.