Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Contamination Control – Engineering Tech VI
ETIS – NASA Goddard
Non-Exempt / CBA (Union – IBEW/Local 1501)
Up to 25% of the time
$46.90 – $81.10
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work: Performs standard, routine, and complex tasks demonstrating complete competencies beyond that of Engineering Technician V, may direct small group efforts, records data, and follows cleanroom procedures. As required, is directed, and coached by supervisor, Lead Technicians, and/or more Senior Technicians. Receives on-the-job training, and works in ESD-sensitive areas, cleanroom facilities, and all other cleanroom-type environments that exist. Depending on area of assignment, assists Senior Technicians and engineers in performing all aspects of contamination control on hardware, ground support equipment (GSE), and flight hardware used in and around ESD-sensitive and/or cleanroom facilities. May also perform other duties associated within the area of assignment as directed by Lead Personnel or management.
- Ensure cleanliness of ESD laboratories, cleanrooms, flight hardware, and non-flight hardware.
- Follow written/oral ESD laboratory and cleanroom procedures.
- Safe and effective use of cleaning chemicals, supplies, and equipment.
- Report facility-related problems to Lead, supervision, engineering, and/or management as they occur.
- Maintain equipment and proper level of supplies as required.
- May also perform temporary duties in other areas or other duties associated with the area of assignment.
- Selects and adapts plans, techniques, designs or layouts. Contacts personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work.
- Reviews, analyzes, and integrates the technical work of others.
- Ability to adapt to weekend and holiday support on short notice and extended hours as required.
- Works under no guidance of other technicians but only to that of a supervisor when necessary.
- Work is reviewed for technical adequacy and satisfaction of requirements as outlined by operational procedures by the supervisor and/or by professional engineers.
- Normally provides direct supervision to others as a Lead Person. Lead personnel are responsible for providing technical direction, assignment of work, and direction of those working under their direction.
- Assignments must be completed using available allocated resources in a timely manner to meet project cost and schedule requirements.
- Education or years of experience commensurate with the skill level required for position complexity as determined by management.
- Specialized training and operator certification pertaining to the area of assignment are required. Extensive knowledge of engineering terms and the ability to operate computers is required. Experience with hand tools, and electrical and mechanical principles is required. Considered a senior level to group lead position.
- Must be capable of performing job functions related to CC Tech V position.
- Must direct technicians and manage workload appropriately on a daily basis.
- Must provide CC technical expertise and oversight.
- Must provide an estimation on CC-related tasks to include consumables, garments, and technical support.
- Must provide oversight on procurement of consumables.
- Must provide oversight on garment inventory and laundry routine.
- Must be technical back-up during the CC supervisor’s absence.
- Ability to use own judgment and decisions to allow continuity of workflow.
- Must be self-motivated and a “Team Player” with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to organize time, and assignments and properly prioritize efforts for maximum effectiveness.
- Must be capable of passing required physical examinations and successfully completing assigned training or other required training or certifications as directed by ETIS III management.
- Works from ladders, scaffolding, catwalks, cranes, boatswain chairs, suspended platforms or cages, etc.
- Works while bending, standing, stooping, kneeling, or in a prone position for extended periods.
- Works in closely confined spaces.
- Lift and carry items up to 35 pounds.
- Pushes and pulls heavy objects.
- Ability to use hearing and vision protection and respiratory equipment.
- Ability to distinguish eight-color panel display.
- Ability to work in a full cleanroom garment ensemble when required.
- Work indoors and out in high and low temperatures and in all types of weather conditions.
- Work in dusty, noisy, hot, high-humidity, dirty, and greasy environment.
- Work in areas where there may be materials that are irritating to eyes, nose, throat, and skin while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Work with other personnel in a group that is team-oriented.
- Accept and work within established policies and procedures pertaining to company rules and regulations.
- Must be able to operate the following equipment & machines involved in daily work tasks:
- Up to 1½ ton trucks and vehicles.
- Fork lifts
- Man lifts such as JLG, Handy Herman, Bucket truck, etc.
- Mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic hand tools.
- Desktop computers utilizing Microsoft Office Suite software including Word and Excel.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check. Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Attendance is critical – Regular daily attendance is required to maintain office effectiveness. Overtime (Holidays, Weekends, Scheduled and Unscheduled) and Shift Work may be required.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company Paid Short Term Disability, Basic Life, and AD&D
- Employee Paid Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, and AD&D for Dependents
- Accrued Vacation and Sick Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.