Subsidiary: KIRA Aerospace
Job Title: Engineer Technician V- Maintenance Planner
Job Location: NASA Goddard, Greenbelt, MD
Labor Category: Non- Exempt, Union
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The role of the Maintenance Planner is to improve work force productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, scheduling, and coordination of maintenance resources, parts, materials, and equipment access using computer based maintenance management systems such as IBM-Maximo. This position reports to the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor at Goddard Space Flight Center.
- Uses IBM Maximo system to develop daily work schedules and secure adequate resources.
- Review assignments and resources to ensure maintenance schedules and performance expectations are met.
- Responsible for maintaining all plant equipment records in Maximo, and that all maintenance work including planned and unplanned work is scheduled through Maximo. This includes follow-up to ensure all labor hours, materials, and necessary notes or procedural changes associated with the work are accurately recorded within Maximo, and work is closed in a timely manner.
- Advise when a scheduled maintenance downtime should be rescheduled and communicate and coordinate new plan.
- Communicate regularly with operations and maintenance to be aware of engineering projects.
- Ensure safe work practices are always implemented. Report any safety issue or problem to supervisor and facility manager immediately.
- Compiles information into a job package that is ready for assignments – clearly communicates with the Assignment Leads regarding critical steps in the process.
- Prints and delivers work orders to the skilled trade Leads in conjunction with the weekly work schedule. Upon completion of jobs, communicates with skilled trade Leads regarding ideas and procedures that would make future jobs more efficient
- Responsible for equipment and repair parts, data entry and management. Ensures all work orders and maintenance log items are closed when work is finished. Create and Update PM programs.
- Participates with Reliability Department personnel on improvement projects. Review and evaluate work requests submitted from plant team members and management. Coordinates priority setting with the management team – places specific emphasis on obtaining the input of operations personnel in the setting of priorities.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum 5-years work experience in the skilled trades.
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude.
- Experience with CMMS-Maximo, Spreadsheet and Word Processing (Excel, Word) , Project Management Software (MS Project, Primavera, etc.), Email .
- Able to efficiently perform internet searches and research.
- Able to read and interpret vendor manuals and drawings.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with shop floor personnel, vendors, OEM suppliers, and management personnel.
- Able to perform some level of cost analysis and work within a structured budget.
- Ability to write detailed repair reports.
- Able to develop and deliver a clear and concise presentation when required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.