Subsidiary: KIRA Services
Job Title: Electronic Technician Maintenance III
Job Location: NAS Jacksonville, FL
Labor Category: Non-Exempt – Union
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
- Maintains all communications equipment, components and associated equipment. Coordinates assigned communication equipment maintenance. Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve unusually complex problems that typically cannot be solved by referencing manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents. Performs Preventative Maintenance on all communication equipment as scheduled.
- Initiates and or assists in implementing engineering changes configuration management, Job Qualification Standards (JQS), Work Instructions (WI), and Procedures.
- Performs complex troubleshooting, isolates malfunctions, repairs to the component level, and incorporates engineering changes. Work typically requires detailed understanding of the interrelationships of RF operating system diagnostics and circuits. Exercises independent judgment on tasks such as making circuit and waveform analyses, and tracing relationships in signal flow. Uses complex test instruments such as pulse generators, spectrum analyzers, distortion analyzers, site masters and computer analytical equipment. Accurately documents maintenance actions in IEMS. Write and review work instructions and procedures for all communication systems. Work may be reviewed by Quality Assurance for compliance with accepted practices.
- Provides technical guidance to lower-level technicians. Provides on-the-job training to other technicians. Ensures all personnel are assigned to tasks for which they are qualified. Identifies training requirements to training specialist and monitors training accomplishment. Interfaces with work center supervisors to ensure coordination of requirements, services and tasking. Supports special tests, evaluations, equipment relocations, and new equipment installations as required including all I/O systems. Coordinates integration efforts with associate contractors. Performs organizational, intermediate, and depot-level maintenance on assigned equipment. Assists other range technicians as required. Performs corrosion control on all towers and all other communications equipment as required. Must meet the DOD 8570 certifications and requirements for IAT Level I.
- Cross-trained and qualified to operate other range systems.
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Physically able to perform extended physical labor to include heavy lifting and carrying of PIPs (assist in lifting/carrying 190 lb), Iridium and other LATR-associated equipment during aircraft/ship/participant installation.
- When performing work, responsible for adhering to environmental, safety, and health standards related to the activity, including the wearing of all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Must cease work and notify lead, supervisor, or manager of all unsafe conditions.
- Must complete all assigned training and ensure its entry into their training jacket, to include but not limited to monthly CTTR training assigned in SharePoint, government assigned training in TWMS, and all other non-recurring training as assigned.
- Will accurately document work performed in the IEMS
- May be required to travel up to 50 % in performance of work, government Joint Travel Regulations are applicable to all travel.
- Work is scheduled by the manager or supervisor based on mission schedule and fleet requirements. Mission support requires shifting of schedules to accommodate fleet readiness and to ensure crew rest.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Formal classroom education equivalent to Navy “C” School or vocational school with formal training in the field of electronic equipment maintenance.
- Five years’ electronic maintenance in five or more of the following areas:
- Digital/analog signal processing
- Communications (multiplexer equipment, VHF, UHF, microwave, fiber-optic);
- PC computer systems;
- DC power supplies;
- Test equipment;
- Optical equipment;
- RF signal processing;
- Low voltage AC equipment;
- Primary and secondary power equipment;
- Auto-transfer (UPS) equipment
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.