Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
KIRA Innovative Services LLC
DFAC Supervisor, Food Service
Honduras – Soto Cano Air Base
Up to 25%
- Salary: $70,000 – 80,000/yr + 20% Post Differential
- Retention Bonus: $6,000 annually ($3,000 to be paid semi-annually)
- Per Diem: $13.90 per day
- Leave: Paid Time Off (PTO) Three (3) Weeks
- Company Mandated Housing
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of the position is to oversees daily operations, supervision of a dining facility, ensuring all standards are met or exceeded in order to provide quality service to the customer. Through their supervision, their staff prepares meals in large quantities using various methods of cooking. They ensure meals are prepared in accordance with AR 30-22, AR 40-25 Nutrition Standards and Education, AR 600-60 Army Health Promotion, and PAM 600-24 Health Promotion in support of the SOUTHCOM LOGCAP V contract in Soto Cano, Honduras.
- Provide oversight, supervision, leadership training, and direction to all company and subcontractor food service employees.
- Ensure effective use of resources to achieve highest standards of service to client specifications in production and adherence to Continuity of Operations (CONOPS) Menu or deviations as authorized by the government.
- Ensure compliance with client and company health, safety, and food sanitization regulations.
- Maintain all DFAC financial records in accordance with contract.
- Proficiency with Army Food Management Information System (AFMIS), and military requirements and regulations.
- Maintain excellent verbal and written communications with the client, Site Manager, and Project/Regional Food Service Managers.
- Prepare daily production schedules and weekly subsistence orders in AFMIS.
- Ensure proper receipt, storage, inventory, and security of all subsistence(s) delivered to DFAC.
- Ensure correct security of all assigned government property and equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in hospitality management and/or military Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) Food Service.
- Profit and loss management experience with at least two (2) years in a supervisory role.
- Associate degree preferred in hospitality management or culinary arts preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in nutrition and dietetics from an accredited university, preferred.
- Prefer military Chief Warrant Officer 1 through 4 (CW1-CW4) or Military Sr. Non-Commissioned Officer (E-7 above).
- Food Service Management level ServSafe Certified (40-hour management course).
- The person must have completed an ACEND-accredited supervised practice program at a health-care facility, community agency, or a food service corporation.
- The candidate must have hold certifications as required by AR-40-25.
- Knowledge of AFMIS, Subsistence Total Order and Receipt Electronic System (STORES) food service software, and Prime Vendor applications.
- Excellent English communication skills and ability to interact effectively with customers and other personnel.
- Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish/English).
- Knowledge of food service and sanitation standards in a contingency environment.
- Good leadership and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of food service and sanitation standards.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to function in an office setting, answer the phone, use office equipment, etc.
- Proficient computer skills to include the use of office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License as required by the position.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment screening to include Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Must satisfactorily complete medical clearance requirements.
- Must satisfactorily obtain and maintain the necessary documents (work permit/VISA) to perform work in OCONUS location.
- Willingness to live and work under environmental and other conditions that may be uncomfortable or hazardous at times.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Must be able to work alternate and extended shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer to include weekends and holidays. Must be able to perform On-call duties when and report to work within the required timeframe from notification.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time such as ten (10) to twelve (12) hours, bend, kneel, and reach to store/retrieve supplies, ability to lift, carry, and push supplies and boxes up to 50 pounds.
- Good vision, reading ability, wrist movements, and physical feeling to operate food service equipment.
- Ability to talk and hear well to instruct employees and assist dining facility customers.
- Position requires shift work, days and nights.
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Bundled Health, Dental, Vision, and Medical Evacuation Insurance will be offered by the Employer. Employee premiums will apply. Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is included.
- Basic Life Insurance/AD&D will be provided by the Employer.
- 401(k) will be offered by the Employer. Employee contributions will apply.
- Voluntary Life/AD&D. Employee premiums will apply.
- LTD Insurance will be offered by employer. Employee premiums will apply.
- Hospital Indemnity/Accident/Critical Illness will be offered by employer. Employee premiums will apply.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.