Subsidiary: T&H Services
Job Title: Deputy Project Manager
Job Location: Blackstone, VA
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: 50-75%
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Under the supervision of the Project Manager and the Operations Manager of Base Operations, the Deputy Project Manager is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operational execution of all Program functions at various locations, supervises and provides leadership to assigned personnel, and has responsibility for problem resolution, planning, execution, and leadership across the site. The Deputy Project Manager must demonstrate exemplary management and leadership capabilities, especially in the areas of collaboration, team building, talent development, fiscal and human resources management, and process improvement. On behalf of the Senior Vice President, the Deputy Project Manager will also interface directly with the Customer for mission accomplishment and problem resolution.
- Provides oversight to the assigned locations Operations staff
- Ensures that all CDRL reporting requirements are met within the established timelines
- Provides leadership, consultation, and mentoring to all assigned personnel, creates development opportunities for junior leaders and fosters a culture of continuous teaming throughout the organization.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledgeable of how to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ensures that all service delivery performance and compliance requirements are met as required by the PWS and contract.
- Ensures that Quality and Safety standards are applied to all levels of the work and measured for effectiveness.
- Provides clear technical vision and prioritization of all program deliverables and initiatives to ensure program’s continuous service improvement.
- Support the Program Manager with program status and financials in accordance with corporate goals.
- Maintain the completeness, timeliness and accuracy of all Program Management deliverables.
- Create and maintain the Risk and Opportunity Register while managing program scope effectively.
- Interface with local US Government representatives as the primary point of contact.
- Responsible for developing and implementing Program standards, policies, and procedures supporting overall Program and Corporate requirements.
- Ensures strict adherence to policies and procedures for performance and control of all company business management functions.
- Provides professional leadership to establish a working environment consistent with Program goals and objectives. Encourages professional development, Teambuilding, mentoring, coordination, and cooperation.
- Monitors contractual performance and cost of the work, and takes action to minimize/correct discrepant conditions.
- Participates as required in the selection of staff, which includes ongoing annual and as required evaluations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A minimum of ten (10) years general experience which provides a good basis of general knowledge in the principles of organization, management, and administration.
- Five (5) years specialized experience operating managerial activities in a type of work involving a combination of logistical and operational support functions directly related to military garrison management.
- Specialized areas of experience include: logistics support in the areas of supply, maintenance and transportation; Public Works and Engineering Services; interrelated functions of military/USG financial management and general accounting requirements; an understanding of the military data processing systems.
- Must produce succinct and professional military correspondence, and possess a keen knowledge and understanding of the military chain of command.
- Travel up to 50-75% of the time.
- Preferred – Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management or equivalent
- Works in general office environment with regular travel to all project/customer locations.
- PMP and associated PMI credentials desirable
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must have knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record check, and motor vehicle check.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.