Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
T & H Services, LLC
Construction Project Manager
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for managing the entire construction process from start to finish. This position plans and coordinates all aspects of the construction process to effectively manage the risk. This includes working with Clients, managing subcontractors, contract negotiations, client expectations, dispute resolution, estimating/procurement, and schedule production.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from start to finish.
- Develop and maintain construction schedules, project milestones, and budget forecasts with cost at completion, work-in-progress report and cost to complete.
- Develop all project administration, correspondence, letters, deliverables, submittals, etc.
- Develops and ensures budgetary controls are in place for each project to effectively monitor progress and budget.
- Develops and reviews documentation related to project construction administration, contractor payments, change orders, construction inspections, quality controls, safety, and overall contract compliance. Prepares cost estimates and analyzes contractor proposals.
- Perform punch list and closeout functions.
- Complies with all internal reporting procedures and policies related to budget, contract administration, and other project-related requirements.
- Prepares documentation and analysis for decisions related to the award of construction and/or consultant services contracts.
- Attends organizational meetings for input on construction, renovation, and other types of projects requested. Serves representative in the execution and administration of engineering, design and construction contracts.
- Prepares, reviews and updates budgets and scope amendments for changes in funding projects. Prepares recommendations for review/approval.
- Prepares and reviews change orders to construction contracts and amendments to contracts. Prepares recommendations for review/approval.
- Attend planning meetings and project status meetings.
- Manage all submittal approvals, RFIs, RFPs, PCOs, Submittals, and Material Procurement.
- Develop and maintain the project plan by producing status reports, issuing monthly projections, and change orders, change proposals/pricing, and monitoring pay applications and cash flow in an effort to manage the budget.
- Contribute to the buyout process by overseeing all subcontracts and material purchase orders on project, ensuring complete scopes of work are purchased. This includes strategic thinking and planning schedule and budget.
- Maintain a complete understanding of job contract and contract documents.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Building Science, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in Federal/DOD/State Department, complex facility construction and on-site experience in the management of new construction and the renovation of existing assets.
- Construction Manager certification by the American Institute of Constructors or Construction Management Association of America preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of the construction process, budgeting, accounting and procurement in order to manage a construction project
- Proficient in MS office and scheduling software such as Suretrak, Project, P6, Plan Grid, Revit, VICO or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Thorough understanding of engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings.
- Demonstrates expertise in applying best practices, proven methods, resources and technology to address the needs of the department.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, sound judgment and can be counted on to produce high quality work in the absence of constant supervision and guidance.
- Takes a proactive approach and applies creative problem solving to address obstacles and seeks further information to clarify ambiguity and to bring tasks and activities back on track.
- Sets and consistently meets safety, quality, delivery, volume, timing, cost, budget and productivity targets.
- Anticipates clients' needs and keeps clients informed about the status of projects, timelines, budgets, deliverables and related activities in order to prevent delays or other adverse actions.
- Uses good judgment when communicating with the client; thinks through the message in advance and offers ideas to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and is extraordinarily responsive, honors commitments and delivers unmatched customer service.
- Provides clear instructions to others; uses a variety of media to ensure individuals or groups are engaged and retains the message.
- Gains the trust of others by fulfilling commitments, taking responsibility for own actions and telling the truth.
- Must hold and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record, and motor vehicle check.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push, or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life, long term disability, and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.