Communications Engineering Technician IV
Virginia Beach, VA
Non-Exempt l CBA
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
This technician performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project, selects and adapts plans, techniques, designs, or layouts, contacts personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work, reviews, analyzes, and integrates the technical work of others. Supervisor or professional engineer outlines objectives, requirements, and design approaches.
- Maintain all Systems, Communications equipment and all associated components.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance on all Systems and Communication equipment.
- Perform complex troubleshooting, isolate malfunctions, repair equipment to the component level, and incorporate engineering changes.
- Work requires detailed understanding of the interrelationships of RF operating system diagnostics and circuits.
- Exercise independent judgment on tasks such as making circuit and waveform analyses, and tracing relationships in signal flow.
- Use complex test instruments, such as pulse generators, spectrum analyzers, distortion analyzers, site masters and computer analytical equipment.
- Accurately document maintenance actions in IEMS. Write and review Work Instructions and procedures for all System and Communication Equipment.
- Quality Assurance may review work for compliance with accepted practices.
- Provide technical guidance and on-the-job training to lower-level technicians.
- Ensure all personnel are assigned to tasks for which they are qualified.
- Identify training requirements and monitor training accomplishment.
- Interface with other technicians to ensure coordination of requirements, services and tasking.
- Support special tests, evaluations, equipment relocations, and new equipment installations as required including all communication systems.
- Coordinate integration efforts with associate contractors.
- Perform organizational, intermediate, and depot-level maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Assist other range technicians as required.
- Perform corrosion control on all towers and all other communications equipment as required. Meet the DOD 8570 certifications and requirements for IAT Level 1.
- Ensure all configuration changes pursuant to the duties of this position are documented and approved IAW established processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Operations Manager.
- Responsible for adhering to environmental, safety, and health standards related to the work activity, including the wearing of all personal protective equipment (PPE). Must cease work and notify lead, supervisor, or manager of all unsafe conditions.
- Complete all assigned training and ensure its entry into their training jacket, to include but not limited to monthly training assigned in SharePoint, government assigned training in TWMS, and all other non-recurring training as assigned.
- Accurately document work performed in the IEMS
- Cross-train and qualify to operate other range systems.
Other duties include:
- Document Maintenance actions in IEMS
- Alternate LATR System Administrator
- Cross-trained and qualified to operate at least two TCTS/LATR systems.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- May be required to maintain current COMSEC certification.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Formal classroom education equivalent to Navy “C” School or vocational school with formal training in the field of electronic equipment maintenance.
- Seven years’ technical experience working with tactical training range systems (or equivalent military experience).
- Training in tactical data information links and fundamentals.
- Five years’ electronic maintenance in five or more of the following areas:
- Digital/analog signal processing;
- Communications (multiplexer equipment, VHF, UHF, HF, microwave, fiber-optic);
- PC computer systems;
- DC power supplies;
- Test equipment;
- Optical equipment;
- RF signal processing;
- Low voltage AC equipment;
- Primary and secondary power equipment;
- Auto-transfer (UPS) equipment;
- Must possess & maintain an active secret clearance.
- Must possess & maintain a valid state Driver’s License
- Must obtain & maintain current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Must obtain & maintain a current RF Radiation Awareness certification
- Must obtain & maintain a current Network + certification.
- May be required to maintain current COMSEC certification.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.