Subsidiary: KIRA Aerospace
Job Title: CNC Technician Journeyman
Job Location: Wallops Island, VA
Labor Category: Non- Exempt – Union
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The CNC Technician Journey will provide support to NASA’s sounding rocket experiments.
- Responsible to perform non‐routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project
- Responsible to use schematics in such areas as drafting, designing, equipment construction, and troubleshooting
- Set up and operate conventional, special purpose and numerical control machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts and fits and assembles machined parts into complete units applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and layout techniques
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements. Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out‐of‐tolerance machining and adjust machine controls or control media as required.
- Verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Exercise independence of technical support and utilize experience in making programming judgments.
- Frequently, engineering objectives are the only guides available
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
- 8 years of general experience with 6 years as a machinist, or a total of 10 years of general experience in a
production machine shop environment
- Associate Degree in Mechanical Technology, equivalent military/trade school training or journeyman’s
- Proficiency with M and G code as well as other CNC programming languages
- Working knowledge of PCs for performance of off‐line parts programming
- Training and Certifications in the following may be required:
- Crane Operator Certification per NASA‐STD‐8719.9 w/Change 2 and NPR 8715.3C
- Dye Penetrant Testing
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Control per GPR 8730.6A
- Forklift Operator Certification per GPR 8719.1B
- General Safety Awareness, IT Security, Environmental Compliance, and Personnel Safety and Health
- Hazardous Materials Handlers (see Safety and Health Plan)
- High Pressure Operations per GSFC/WFF 800‐PG‐8715.0.4A
- Mate / Demate per NASA‐STD‐8739.4 w/Change 6
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.