Subsidiary: T&H Services
Job Title: Central Plant Operator
Job Location: Blackstone, VA
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
T&H Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Central Plant Operator serves as the site building automated systems, lighting systems, and centralized chiller plant operator. Under the technical guidance of the Chief Engineer, operate the centralized chiller plant, geothermal wells, building automated systems, and lighting control systems.
- While on watch or tour, makes adjustments and minor repairs to mechanical and electrical equipment and component parts of heating and air-conditioning systems and auxiliary support equipment.
- Makes physical inspections of equipment and tests equipment for correct operation of all components of the refrigeration cycle and other relevant factors contributing to the proper and efficient operation of HVAC systems and geothermal wells.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance on all operational and mechanical equipment and knowledge to operate related electrical equipment and machinery is required.
- Must have skill and knowledge in HVAC and chiller systems, building automated systems, and lighting systems.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background and drug screen.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures and operating instructions.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks
- Work requires the incumbent to walk, stoop, bend, kneel, climb and work in uncomfortable positions.
- Ability to lift, carry and set up tools, equipment and parts that weigh up to and occasionally over fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures, and ability to recognize and analyze hazards prior to performing a task.
T&H Services offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.