Job Title: Automotive Worker
Job Location: Fallon, NV
Schedule: Full Time
Job Classification: Non-Exempt – Union
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Automotive Worker performs a variety of minor repairs and services to maintain motor vehicles. The Automotive Worker places and maintains decals on vehicles, checks and replaces batteries, rotates, repairs, and replaces tires, washes, polishes, and cleans interiors and exteriors of vehicles, drains, flushes, and replaces engine, transmission, and differential grease and oils, checks, cleans, calibrates, and replaces spark plugs, cleans and replaces oil and air filters. The Automotive Worker adjusts brakes, replaces windshield wipers, and similar minor parts, assists on major overhaul jobs by disassembling and cleaning parts, repairing components such as generators and water pumps, and replacing thermostats, points, electrical wiring and other items, maintains tools and equipment, and cleans work areas.
- May be required to assist in overhauling major assemblies or automobiles, light trucks and ATV’s
- Other work includes diagnosing trouble and determining the extent of repairs required
- This activity may lead to replacement or repair of brakes, carburetor, fuel systems, cooling systems, lighting, and ignitions systems
- Assesses work orders; observes, and listens to vehicles in operation to determine malfunctions; and plans work procedures accordingly
- Applies knowledge to electrical, power transmissions, brakes, and other automotive systems
- Installs ignition systems, aligns front wheels, changes, or recharges batteries, and replace transmissions and other parts using hand tools and repair manuals
- Lubricates moving parts, changes oil and transmission fluids, replaces brake linings and pads, windshield wipers, headlamps, taillights, belts, and hoses
- Test drives repaired vehicles.
- up to 2 years of related experience
- Formal technical or vocational automotive mechanical training classes
- EPA Require Certification Training
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Personnel must be physically able to move and lift items as part of the daily requirements of the job
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.