Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Accountant – Property Management
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Under the direction of the Property Manager, the Accountant – Property Management is responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions required to produce monthly GAAP financial statements for commercial and industrials properties owned or managed by KIRA Services, LLC.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Record monthly adjusting and accrual entries.
- Update fixed asset system for additions and disposals and record monthly depreciation/amortization.
- Prepare monthly financial statement analysis according to GAAP with variance reporting.
- Compile monthly financial statement package with required supporting documentation.
- Distribute financials to lenders/owners.
- Attend owner meetings, as necessary.
- Assist in annual budget preparation.
- May supervise clerical and technician level employees including but limited to hiring, monitoring, coaching, staff development, evaluations, dispute resolution, progressive discipline, and if necessary, termination.
- Accuracy and timeliness in the completion of the workload is required in this position.
- Strong communication skills, good work ethic, and analytical thinking.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
- Five (5) years of professional level experience as an Accountant.
- Prior property and construction management accounting experience required.
- Two (2) years’ experience with an automated accounting system.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and operating instructions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to use an integrated accounting software system, Microsoft applications, and electronic transmitting applications.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a constantly changing environment.
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Possess excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation.
- Possess accurate data entry and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain laws, regulations, and policies.
- Ability to identify discrepancies or inaccuracies in data and make corrections.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, assign and review work.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and meet schedules and timelines.
- Ability to maintain routine records.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks.
- Must have knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Must hold and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record, and motor vehicle check.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Most of the work is performed in a professional office setting and is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing less than 40 lbs.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life, long term disability, and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.